When fighting without a weapon, increases damage by 15% plus 2% per level and provides a chance to parry based on skill level.
Additionally, these bonuses are granted if the user equips neither weapon nor armor:
- A bonus to critical rate on attacks, increasing with skill level.
- At skill 30, a bonus to movement speed.
- Your fists have unlimited durability. This means that unlike an armed fighter, an unarmed character will always be at peak performance.
- Your fists are always the same level that you are. This means that you don't have to risk being underpowered if you're not able to find equipment of the proper level.
- You will never have to spend money buying, repairing, or upgrading weapons, and acid traps will not weaken your offense.
- The defensive ability of unarmed combat eventually becomes very high. However, this requires a great investment in the proficiency.
- If you choose not to wear armor, Unarmed Proficiency will grant an increased critical rate to your attacks.
- If you choose not to wear armor and have Unarmed Proficiency at level 30, your movement speed will be increased.
- Your fists cannot be enchanted by the enchanter. This results in a slight loss of power.
- Your fists cannot have any special bonuses as weapons sometimes do.
- Your fists cannot carry an element. This is possibly the greatest drawback of fighting unarmed.
- The power potential overall is lower than that of weapons.